Sustainability is a key priority for Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield, and the business has set out ambitious targets as part of our Better Places 2030 objectives.
These objectives, rests on three ‘pillars’. The project will adopt the framework of Better Places 2030 and the requirements of the local authorities, ensuring it responds positively to what is an extremely important consideration of the development.
To cut carbon emissions across the Group’s value chain by -50%, by:
- minimising the environmental impact through innovative design and construction
- collaborating with tenants and contractors for efficient resource use
- ensuring access to public transport and sustainable mobility
- contributing to greener cities by protecting biodiversity
To be a catalyst for growth within the communities in which the Group operates, by:
- fostering local economic development;
- supporting local partners;
- promoting healthier and more responsible consumption.
To empower our employees to become sustainability and diversity change-makers, by:
- promoting diversity and inclusion throughout the organisation;
- developing and training talent;