After undertaking a series of pre-application meetings with the Council, URW is now proposing to deliver the following on the Westfield London Residential Phase 2 site:
- 1,760 new homes, including genuinely affordable homes
- New landmark and outstanding architecture
- A new cultural and creative hub called ‘The Makery’
- New 1.4 acre public courtyard within the heart of the scheme, accessed by a feature staircase from The Makery or at street level from Bronze Walk or Silver Street
- New pedestrian connections throughout the site, including through the restored railway arches
- Secure cycle spaces for residents and the public
We also see the provision of affordable housing as an integral part of our development. URW is currently undertaking detailed discussions regarding the level of affordable housing, S106 and CIL contributions to be provided as part of the new scheme. These discussions are ongoing. This is not uncommon for a project of this scale and complexity. However, the proposal will be provide additional affordable homes in addition to those consented under the existing permission, and the 89 genuinely affordable homes delivered at Newall Court.